Thursday 31 January 2013

travels and challenge #104

This week we were asked to create a zentangle in a provided string. String no.3 sent by yours truly(buzz).It is quite a long string, creating 26 shapes. Phew! I thought such a tangle would need some consistency to unify else you'd end up with quite a mess. Its making something complicated into a simple design. For my first attempt I chose to do only straight lines, and to repeat some patterns to bring it together.I also used Bridgen for the string, which as I look at it now i dont think improved things at all. Then for the second I used larger patterns and continued them in other areas, togehther with curved lines. I was happier with that one.

Munchin, Bridgen, Hollibaugh, Bateek, Keeko, Striping, Knightsbridge, Paradox

Drupe, Camelia, printemps, Inappod, Voxter, Dyon.

I have had an amazing 5 days holiday. First we flew to Adelaide where I visited a friend I was with at college , which was very special. Next day we boarded the Indian Pacific Train which goes from (you guessed it) Perth on the West of Australia on the Indian ocean to Sydney on the east coast ie, the Pacific.
The train is very comfortable and the meals are amazingly gourmet. The trip takes one through the Blue Mountains in NSW and across the wheat plains of South Australia. I had already been on this train from Perth to Adelaide across the Nullabor Plains (magical), so wanted to complete the other section. I have also been on the Ghan which goes from Adelaide to Darwin. You haven't seen the world unless you have done this one!!It is totally unique, with colourful and another world scenery. Anyway..to my next zentangle.. a coaster from the train!!


Printemps Meer, Diva Dance, Pais, Onamato, Reticulate, Antidots, Golven, Baton,

AND, I did one for my friend as I didnt have a zentangle with me to show her what they look like. So the next is one I did for her.

Ennies, BTL Joos, Asian Fans, Crescent moon, Cubine, Mi2, Camelia, Sandswirl, Hollibaugh, Unyun, Tipple, Floatfest.

Now as if that isnt enough I have another one!! This was done while waiting for the plane which was 3/4 hour late. I had started it the night before so actually took a bit longer than that to do.



Btl Joos, Static, Bales, Hollibaugh, Striping.
I am quite amazed that in 5 days I did 5 zentangles!! on holiday!!. It was so fun tangling in the waiting lounge at the airport while all else were aggitated, especially after being told to queue up, then 20  mins later told to sit for another 20!! Yay! Go zentangle for peaceful karma!


1 comment: