Wednesday 4 September 2013

Diva Challenge #134, Zendala, Melbourne..

Before I show you this weeks work, I'd like to show you some pictures from Melbourne. Believe it or not, but it was voted the world's most livable city. Sorry cant give you the voting source but it was authoritative! Last week I went into the city and was quite amazed at this display of umbrellas over where we had lunch!



A few3 weeks ago Erin was unable to send us a Zendala Dare Challenge, so I used one of the official Zentangle prestrung zendalas.
 At last..the Diva Challenge
This week is UMT week (Use my tangle). Laura selected "Beamz" by Traci Frogley for us to use.
To this I added Chartz, Striping Cadent and Shing.

We have have crocheted lamposts locally, but I was surprised to see this in the city!
First time I saw crocheted lamposts was in Alice Springs about 8 years ago.
Do you have these in USA or UK??





9 comments:

  1. Oh, I love those umbrellas! Both your zendala and Beamz are great, especially the last one has an excellent choise of tangles.
    In the Netherlands I have seen some trees with knitted things around them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tile is wonderful! I like the way you used Beamz here. Also I like your nice coloring zendala. Thank you for sharing the great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great beamz tile. You did hide the pattern in a great way, one has to look twice to see where the pattern is. Great !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work on the tile and the zendala! I've never seen a crocheted lamp post before. Interesting. The paisleys are beautiful. And I love the umbrellas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your zendala is lovely, and I really like what you did with beamz.

    The umbrellas are wonderful! What a great display. I've never seen crocheted lampposts here in the US, but I have seen knitted tree trunk covers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of Beamz! I really love your tile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics, great crochet, great tile...I really enjoyed reading your post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Je zendala is prachtig...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Something went wrong with your URL for the Dare, Anne!

    ReplyDelete