Tuesday 5 May 2015

Diva Challenge #216 UMT "Brella"; Leaf tangleation

This month's tangle is called "'Brella" and it's by Canadian CZT Bunny Wright. We were encouraged to add a Star Wars bit but its not my forte so I chose to do a straightforward zentangle design.  Its seems a bit uninteresting compared to some of the wonderful designs many have done with this theme. I used the latest string #155.

Tangles: Brella, Kiss, Chard, Carp3, Parch, Florz var., Prestwood.
This week I have been working on my first zentagle commission! I shaded it per usual, but it seemed to spoil its freshness, so erased it. I'd like your opinion!


Regarding my colourful Dylusion tangles, they are still in the pipeline. I need to complete two of the above first!!
See you soon!

8 comments:

  1. Your 'brella tile is beautiful but the second tile with the leaves is absolutely amazing and inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job with brella - and your leaves are truly beautiful. Very nice work! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love the leaves just as they are here now!! (Brella is lovely but the leaves are outstanding) ... in my opinion :) ~ Diane Clancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Brella tile is wonderful and I really like the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are beautiful. Your Brella linework is so precise. Your leaves are absolutely gorgeous, and I like them the way they are. I think I have to agree with you, the starkness of the black and white is very fresh and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your Brella and it's tangleations. The leaves are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Brella...I like how many variations you were able to add. Are the leaves Eucalyptus? Wonderfully rendered!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne, I love how you used big and little Brella in your tile. Really nice! Your leaves are wonderful, and I agree that shading would have been "gilding the lily". The patterns are so wonderful, you would not want to diminish any of them. Plus - I did the "That's New To Me" challenge week 18 - and you were the featured artist (you know that, I'm sure). I used your exceptionally beautiful Camelia (hope I did it justice), which is a favorite of mine. I have also seen quite a few tiles of others using your Sunflower. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your talent with all of us!

    ReplyDelete