Thursday 10 May 2012

night zendala #3.

I've started calling my little zendalas "night" ones as I do the while I watch TV! Pleased with this 3rd one.

Think I might make some greeting cards with it!!

My session teaching the Art teachers yesterday went well. They all enjoyed the time and learnt something new yet very relevant. I will share what I did soon for those interested. Busy today. I have 3 canvas tangles to create in a week for the Yaragon Art show. Decided I want to do a zendala for two of them, which I will add a border to, else would be too big!! This time I gave the canvas two coats of gesso before working on them.

3 comments:

  1. I love the colors. What did you use? I want to buy some colored pencils -I think- do you have a favorite? Right now when I color, I use Sakura .05 colored micron pens. Your color is vibrant, yet delicate. I really like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the linework in .005 microns. With these fine tangles I use .005 to colour, but a larger area will use .02's. For coloured pencils I use Derwent Artist, and softer Prismacolour, and soon to get some new Prismacolours that are harder, so may cover the paper better. Sometimes I will use Tombow markers which are vivid but bit harder to control.Hope this helps.

      Delete
  2. That is lovely! Not been very keen on Zendalas but this one is stunning!

    ReplyDelete