Wednesday 26 November 2014

Off to New Zealand

Unfortunately I've had no time to do Diva Challenges recently as I'm off on a cruise around New Zealand. I've been very stressed and nervous about it all, not having gone out of Australia since I arrived back in 1980. Going away is always a bit unsettling for us, being "Seniors", but this is a totally new scenario . I know I'll be fine once I meet up with my friend. She's glad to go as she comes from NZ, and has a daughter living there whom she'll be able to see. I won't be able to post again until I come back in two weeks. But I do have something to share.

I have continued to explore Betweed and watercolour pencils. I enjoy working on watercolour paper.

Another share..I took a friend just out here for two weeks from Manchester, UK, around our delightful Gippsland countryside. Previously she'd only seen cities, outback and Queensland. Its so green where I live, similar to England. She just loved the day. We headed for the mountains, where we have snow in the winter.

Spotted an alpaca as we drove by.

A view over to the Baw Baw mountains and the Tarago reservoir.

Discovered the Noojee tressle bridge. It was built many years ago for the trains to cart wood from the forests which were  being cut down. Its made from wood and bolts. No longer a train track but every year they have the longest breakfast right along it, yay!


8 comments:

  1. What a wonderfully coloured tile! And how beautiful your landscape is too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful trip, enjoy your time away as it could be the first of many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful this coloured Zia! Have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your watercolor pencil work is beautiful. I think you are going to have such a great trip to NZ...sounds like so much fun and with a friend too! Thanks for sharing the pictures....wonderful scenery where you live as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful Tile, Anne. I love water colored pencils. You work is so lovely. Well done. Have a wonderful New Zealand Cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Try to relax, Anne. I know that's sometimes hard to do, because I think I recodnize your feelings. Have a GREAT time!
    The tile is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Zia and have a great time! The pictures are so fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful scenery. The bridge reminds me of the gate in Jurassic Park. The colorful Betweed is great.

    ReplyDelete