Tuesday 10 July 2012

Holidays and colour .

Wow! I was so excited  to receive a nomination for fascinating blog,  what an honour. I shall have to catch up seriously now. I noticed I havent blogged for a month, dear , dear.

I had a great two weeks in WA with my six grandchildren. Actually another was born to the same family last night!! This time I stayed overnight in Perth rather than do the trip in one go. After a four and a half hour flight which follows an hour and a half train trip, there is a three to four hour drive north from Perth to where the family lives. Breaking the journey is certainly a better way to travel. Whilst away I shared with some friends about Zentangle, they were most interested and wanted to know lots about it. Of course my littlies also love tangle patterns and avidly drew while I was there.
Abbey (7) is proud of her work

A closer look
                                               

More of her artwork



I was delighted with this one!
Adrien(9), loved to use colour.




Here we have the whole tribe!


I like the way the patterns contrast with the colour, which was applied with coloured pencils.


Some bookmarks I made for friends

Life has been hectic despite being holidays. I guess its a time when people catch up with each other. Nevertheless I managed to find some time to play around with different ways to colour my tangles.

For this I used Prismacolour Verithin pencils. I found they blended quite well, and were good for fine detail.




I used a colour wash background for this one. I did quite a few with grandies..they LOVE the technique.
Used coloured pencils for shading with some wuite gel pen for highlights.

So thats all I have for now. I have recently worked with some Gelly roll pens but have yet to scan those. Maybe tomorow...


4 comments:

  1. Love the young tangles! Natural talents.

    Just found your blog, and I'll start following. I really like your experimentations and variations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well deserved blog award, and well deserved Grandma holiday.

    Welcome back! x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hazie,
      signed up for your blog again. Hope it comes now. Thanks for your encouragement. Its not an award its a nomination. Nevertheless nice to get. I think people have to vote, Im not sure yet, they didnt say. Hope you are all well. God bless

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the nomination and did I read right that you welcomed another grandchild last night????If so... even bigger congratulations....... how exciting to spend time with them and I am sure they loved time with you... and you are training them up well... xxx

    ReplyDelete