Wednesday 9 July 2014

Diva Challenge 175: UMT Crux and a new tangle"Apulia", plus colour

Use My Tangle challenge this week. Called 'Crux' by Henrike Bratz. There are heaps of variations one can make with it, so here's my offering for this week.  


Tangles: Crux var; Diva dance and Windfarm


Looking at a book on Mediaeval patterns this week, I adapted three of them. Each is named after the place they originated. I will share one each week. The first is called 'Apulia'. I have the step out followed by some examples.



This pattern also lends itself to variations, some of which are seen below.



This isn't finished, but you can see the difference when the pattern is filled in.

I love the lacey look you can get with Apulia. The large pattern I think I was trying do do a "Mooka " in  it!!

Another example of Apulia being filled in.

The circular design on the bottom half is also a new tangle I have come up with, step outs soon to be given. I like drawing these patterns as there is a certain rhythm to them. Have fun!

I must share a surprise I received yesterday. I was googling for some Gell pens and clicked on "images". As I scrolled down the page, amidst all the pens were some of my ZIAs (zentangle inspired art) I was totally blown away. How did they get them, and why choose only mine?? Here are two of them. There was four altogether.




and for those of you who are following my colour escapades a few more:-













































12 comments:

  1. Your challenge Tile is terrific. Love the colors. They separated the elements so nicely and give so much depth. Wonderful Design. The medival patterns are awesome and I'm looking forward to your follow-up on them. Your colour escapades are delightful as is this entire post which is so enjoyable and informative. Your writing style is so comfortable and friendly one feels right at home here. Thanks Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David for your nice long comment, and your appreciation of my blog.

      Delete
  2. Wow, your colored tiles are so bright, and so beautiful, I love them all. I can imagine why they picked your tiles for showing how bright coloring can be with gel pens, although it is not very polite not to inform or to ask permission for using your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comments, they are very encouraging

      Delete
  3. Like the simplicity of the red and black in your challenge tile. Nice variations on the tangle. Like all your color tiles as well. As far as getting your images, once they are on the internet, they seem to be "fair game". I have not done it, but I think that is why some people use the strategy putting their name across the picture. I remember posting somewhere how to do it but I do not remember how.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your input Donald. I was more chuffed than peeved on seeing my pics. However, i feel I can now offer my services to people who sell gel pens!!

      Delete
  4. I love your use of red, it's bold, but not overpowering, and your shading adds so much dimension to Crux.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your challenge tile is beautiful, I like the combination of colors you used. All other work is beautiful too, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloured tile are gorgeous! Wow! Love the bright colours!
    I agree totally with Didisch: It isn´t polite to use your artwork without permission!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tiles here, Anne - and your 'new' Medieval tangle really appeals to me - I think I shall enjoy using that - with your permission!!! What a cheek....though someone has seen the selling potential your art provides.
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie, i shall look forward to what you come up with!

      Delete
  8. Love your crux tile, and can't wait to try out Apulia

    ReplyDelete