Friday 7 December 2012

ZENDALA DARE # 34 and PPF

This week is flying by and nearly gone!! One week left of my "Art teacher" identity! Had that now for 50 years!! I should have enough info to write a book about ideas for art hey? I have certainly collected enough "stuff" over the 14 years in current job, but then I guess art teachers are involved with 'stuff' every day and always think 'old stuff' is sure to come  in handy one day in the future.

This weeks zendala dare had me labouring over which and what patterns to use. I tried out a few and left things till the next day. I have been hankering to use my Gelly roll pens for a while, so used them for the zendala. I was quite pleased with the result.


The little piece underneath was worked using Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils and white paint. Looks a bit juvenile but here's hoping I will improve with practice in 2013! Life is a journey of improvements.

17 comments:

  1. Congrats on your identity change! Love the chalky old world feel you created with the Inktense! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement Carolyn! Happy PPF

      Delete
  2. Great shadows on your zendala

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful use of colors, lovely! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Practice does really make a difference. She is a lovely start to your journey in 2013. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh ~ Love the zentangle and the portrait ~ wonderfully created ~ (A Creative Harbor) ~ aka ~ 'artmusedog' ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. best wishes on your new identity! Your zendala is very soothing and beautiful, and actually, so is your portrait. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i don't think it looks juvenile at all. i love the colors and the peaceful feeling of the silhouette. the detail and color of the zendala are fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful use of colours. Happy PPF, x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pieces! Love your use of analogous colors!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think both pieces are lovely, the zendala especially!

    Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the zendala, lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the use of colors on this piece. Your zentangles are always awesome. Thank you. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful zendala! I love the tangles you used and also the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic zendala and I love the colours you have used for the profile painting. Good luck with your life change in 2013, how exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The zendala is just gorgeous. I really like your portrait - I love the colors and how they flow. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful zendala. Love the limited colourpalette. The combination of the inktense with the white paint looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete