Saturday 17 November 2012

AEDM#18

Yesterday I had a table with a friend at the local Arts Market. I displayed both paintings and zentangles, managing to sell two small framed zias. There was quite an interest in the zentangles and a number signed up to do some workshops. Whilst there I began this zendala and finished it when I came home.

The market was quite an unexpected experience. I thought it would be hard work and maybe get a bit boring just sitting there. I was pleasantly surprised. Because there were two of us we could take turns at looking around at the other stalls and chat to other stall holders, who were only too pleased to share their experiences and pass on informative hints. Such a range of delightful art and craft. So many talented people.
After four hours it felt like a little community. As well as the stall holders there was aconsiderable number of people and past students who passed by and chatted. The day went in no time!
Now I put the photo here it looks rather a mess!! Didn't notice it on the day, we just wanted to display as much as we could. Oh well, guess its all experience and we'll look more presentable next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment