Sunday 11 November 2012

zendala dare #31, AEDM#12 and studio day

I have half packed up after Studio Day, the rest can wait until tomorow. I need a morning brain not a 10pm one to sort things out. Good thing is I have a clear road to next Saturday, when Bertie and I do our first session at the Warragul Art Market. I think people came today to view work, and it was nice to hear the "Oohs" and "Aahs", but at the market people come to buy. Took a few snaps but they are a bit reflective.

Some of my bird pics


Another bird pic with some landscapes and flowers

This was a commission for a cousin doing a larger version of a smaller one I did for a Gallery in Alice Springs. I called this "We are the land" , showing Aboriginal culture and belief.


My zentangle table


I used gelly rollpens for this.
 Finally my zendala dare #31. This can be my AEDM #12!!

11 comments:

  1. Your work is breath taking. I particularly love the We are the Land (that looks very much like the land in northern New Mexico in the US) and your wonderful birds. Thanks for posting such a beautiful visual treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan for your complements. Im glad you like my Art. Is New Mexico red desert? The land painting was inspired after a holiday in the outback of Australia.

      Delete
  2. Yes, New Mexico is volcanic so is red and/or black high desert, expansive views of mesas, miles away. This is where we have seen wild horses on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sounds fabulous. i have been to USA but I didnt get to New Mexico..what a shame. I will havae to research it, it certainly sounds similar to our outback.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work shown here is beautiful! I especially love the first picture with the birds. Your zendal is beautiful too, it has a soft feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Zendala is so pretty and the colours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow--your bird designs are so beautiful! Love the color! And your zendala is so pretty and light-wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, your colors are so great. The birds are very beautiful, makes me feel in paradise. Your Zendala is very delicate and airy. Great pieces of art all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything you shared in this post is just beautiful. Love your bird drawings, and the zendala is so soft and airy looking. It almost looks like you drew it with colored pencils. I hope you sell a lot of your art at market day! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BIG THANKYOU to all who sent in those encouraging comments!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Rainbow birds and We are the land are truly wonderful! Also the colours on your ZIA pieces really pop out and I love the colours you've used in your Zendala. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete