Thursday 17 May 2012

canvas tangles for art show

I've been flat out trying to get some canvases completed for Yaragon Art Show on this weekend. I need to deliver them tomorrow morning. Happily I completed them this afternoon. All I need to do now is get hubby to put on the wires and screws. He was going to buy them when he was out shopping. But he forgot. Oh well, guess I can whizz out first thing in the morning and buy them.
I did two zendalas 2x2 feet, using Sakura gelly roll pens. They were great to use, better than markers! Occasionally the lines would wobble due to the canvas uneven surface despite coating with lots of gesso. I did a small one which wasn't crash hot as I made some mistakes, then decided to cover the mistakes with black acrylic paint. Over that I used white gouache paint for the tangles. After I added black tangles around that square it looked worse, so did some light white washes over that!! talk about experimentation!! Anyway, I like the 2 big ones fortunately.
 Ive been asked to demonstrate zentangling at the show, so that will be a first for me!!



2 comments: