Tuesday 10 December 2013

Diva Challenge #148

Recently I became interested in Artist Trading Cards. They seemed a good size to swap cards with others who create artworks. So far I have yet to meet anyone else who wants to swap! However, I did this weeks challenge on an ATC, not brilliant but a start. Then in my art group today I gave each a blank card to create something on. We used Maria's calligraphic 'Z' as a starting point. Each was amazingly different, vastly different to mine which still retained a resemblance. Sorry I don't have theirs to show you. Actually they weren't quite finished when they went home.


One day in my art class a lady produced an interesting print out of cog wheels. I knew I just had to recreate it!. It took some while to draw up, and just as long to colour over a series of nights. As my lovely Prismacolours have gone walkabout, I opened up my old box of Faber Castell Polychromos coloured pencils, which I haven't used in decades. It was an interesting experience. I decided to work in layers, and found them to be most co-operative to do so. It didn't matter how many layers I worked, I could always add another. I hope you enjoy my piece. I am working through a journal of 270 gsm paper size A5. Great stuff.


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, and I love the cogs too! For trading ATC's you might want to try this site. ATC'sforAll. (atcsforall.com) Its a great site, free to join, and lots of warm and welcoming people. I have been trading over there for a number of years now, and in fact that's where I first heard about Zentangle. I'll swap with you if you would like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all very nicely done. I especially like the cogs = Steampunk. I am so into Steampunk and love to combine that with Zentangle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your tiles and the cog wheels too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a facebook group started by Cathy Wilson - Zentangle Artist Trading Cards. It is a really great group and I have been enjoying my time with it - only 2 swaps so far for me. I would love to see your name in the list - I so admire your work and would love to have the chance to "own" some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards - the Christmas one is very effective. And I love your cogs - they work really well in the colours you've chosen. I fancy having a go but haven't yet....
    Merry Christmas, Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been doing Zentangle and ATCs for quite a while and will be happy to exchange ATCs with you on a personal basis. Get in touch if you are interested. My email is stainback.sarah@gmail.com. I live in the USA, and view your blog every time you post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, thanks so much for your offer to swap, which i would lovw to do and will when I can get my emails sorted. I live in Australia despite usa in my email address. I cant access my emails so will email you soon. regards Anne

      Delete
  7. Beautiful work - love the cogs - always enjoy seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your sweet ATC cards and evergreen bough is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete